Advanced Mediation Skills Course
The Advanced Mediation course is designed for dispute resolution professionals who are intent on taking their skills and practice to the next level. This course is organized around a real world, multi-party mediation, deconstructs the mediation process into nine modules, with guidance and expertise from industry pioneers.
Learn to appreciate and embrace the unique challenges presented by complex cases…and how to plan for and turn them to your advantage.
Includes a one hour post course consultation with Bruce Edwards
Become an Expert Mediator:
- Learn the subtle skills that separate an expert mediator from a beginner
- Develop an advanced awareness of the mediator’s role at each stage of the mediation process… and how to use that to your advantage
- Understand how to develop the purposeful habits of mediation known as the “Mediators Mind®”
- Appreciate and embrace the unique challenges presented by complex cases… and how to plan for and turn them to your advantage
How we teach:
- Master specific convening activities that encourage parties to participate… and allow for a successful mediation outcome
What you'll learn:
- Learn how to promote more effective interactions through the skill of “active” listening
- Understand the important role emotions play in a mediation… and how to successfully navigate in a high emotion environment
- Develop your professional “toolbox” of responses to use during an opening session … and maintain control of the room
- Master the latest techniques for encouraging flexibility among parties… and promote innovation throughout the negotiation process
- Understand the many issues of insurance in the mediation process… and how to use that knowledge to affect a successful outcome
- Learn the prerequisite steps needed to ensure the enforceability of a durable agreement among parties
…and much more.