Become an EMA Affiliate
What is an EMA Affiliate?
We provide online mediation training courses to people throughout the world who might not otherwise have access to high-caliber training from the most experienced mediators and mediation experts.
Our affiliate program combines EMA’s online course curriculum with face-to-face training from local facilitators who are trained and endorsed by Bruce Edwards. By integrating online and in-person training, students are able to learn from those experienced in making the moment to moment decisions required in the mediation room, without having to endure the cost (both financial and time) of travel.
Students in our affiliate programs gain valuable knowledge, practical experience and develop relationships with others in their mediation community. Lifetime EMA membership is included. Upon completion of the course, students are granted an EMA certificate.
Who is the EMA Affiliate Program for?
Any organization that wants to develop or enhance their existing mediation training program with lessons and real-world experience from the industry’s most experienced global experts.
Affiliate organizations can be from legal, government, non-profit, educational, medical, or business fields.
How does the EMA Affiliate Program Work?
Examine the case of Rwanda –
- Our partner training facilitator in Rwanda has been using EMA’s Mediation Skills course to build capacity in their country.
- To date four groups of twenty students each from the Rwandan Bar Association and the judiciary have successfully taken the online Mediation Skills course in their own time and then met as a group to discuss each module with the local facilitator.
- In these face-to-face group meetings, the students and trainer discuss how the lessons apply in the specific legal and cultural environment in Rwanda.
- They practice role playing and develop an ongoing support group of like-minded individuals.
- After completion of the Mediation Skills course, the students have a one day face-to-face with Bruce Edwards and receive certificates of completion.
Edwards Mediation Academy provides hands-on support throughout the course duration.