Mediation Skills Course in Kenya
The Edwards Mediation Academy Mediation Skills course emphasizes the key principles that beginning mediators should know, as well as how to apply them in a real-world environment. This course, organized around a real world, two-party mediation, deconstructs the mediation process into predictable stages, with guidance and expertise from industry pioneers throughout. It is for individuals who wish to work in commercial mediation, community mediation or mediate in the workplace. Our students learn how to mediate formal disputes, including those in litigation as well as proactively prevent disputes.
- 40 hours of online training, exercises and video
- Taught around a 2 party mediation; shadow (virtually) with Bruce Edwards as he leads parties from the first conversation all the way to settlement
- Assessments and personalized feedback by EMA professional staff at the end of each module.
- Live facilitation, role play and Q&A by James Mangerere of MTI East Africa
- 3 webinars with Bruce Edwards
- One day, in-person training by Bruce Edwards & James Mangerere, date to be determined at a later time
- Membership in Edwards Mediation Academy, including webinar, interviews, blogs and supporting materials
All of our instructors are expert mediators with thousands of hours of practical experience mediating the most complex disputes. When it comes to mediation training there is no substitute for hands-on experience. Learn from those that started the mediation profession in the United States without needing to leave your home or office.
Currently being used by Judges, lawyers and industry representatives in Rwanda and Zambia, the EMA Mediation Skills course has granted certificates to over 85 professionals in East Africa and counting.
Regular cost of course: $499
Kenya Special MTI Price is $375
Registration: closes on 5/13/2020
Course limit: 30 students
(Pricing is in United States Dollars and course fee does NOT include hotel/conference facilities or food for in-person trainings)